The Alaskan Malamute dog is famous in India for its size and protection. Malamutes bred for pulling sleds require ample exercise. Owners get creative, substituting sledding with swimming, long walks, and even doggy treadmills.
Consider space, attitude, and experience while buying. Care costs include food, cleaning, health checks, training, and toys. Alaskan Malamute price in India depend on where they are acquired and the owner’s reputation.
Alaskan Malamute Price in India
Alaskan Malamute price in India can range from ₹1,40,000 to ₹3,50,000 or even more. That makes it expensive, and everyone needs support.
Alaskan Malamute Price in India at different cities
[table “” not found /]
Various Factors Affect the Alaskan Malamute Price in India
- Location: Where you acquire the Alaskan Malamute dog affects its pricing. The breed may be scarcer, raising the price. In other regions, it may be cheaper due to easier availability.
- Breeder Reputation: How famous the Alaskan Malamute dog owner is might also affect its price. Reputable breeders that produce quality pups charge extra.
- Bloodline: An Alaskan Malamute dog’s lineage may also affect price. Cheaper dogs may be from mixed lines, while those from star families are more costly.
- Age: The age of an Alaskan Malamute dog affects its pricing. Puppies typically cost more than adult dogs, which sell rapidly due to great demand.
Alaskan Malamute dogs have fine-to-medium hair. It comes in white, black, and brown tones. The physique is large and robust. Strangers at your house might be unnerving. The outer layer is coarse and weatherproof, protecting them from the harshest of conditions. The thick, woolly undercoat provides exceptional insulation, crucial for surviving in frigid temperatures.
Alaskan Malamutes are renowned for their gentle and affectionate nature. Alaskan Malamutes are confident and protective since they were raised to defend livestock. They love playing games, exploring nature, and engaging in fun activities. Despite their size and strength, Malamutes are generally gentle with children.
Characteristics of Alaskan Malamute
- Height = Male 25 inches ( 64 cm ), Female 23 inches ( 58 cm )
- Weight = Male 38 kg (84 lb ), Female 34 kg ( 75 lb )
- Origin = Siberia
- Coat color = grey and white, sable and white, black and white, seal and white, red and white, or solid white
- Lifespan= 10 -14 years
What to consider before buying an Alaskan Malamute?
Before purchasing an Alaskan Malamute, consider these factors.
- Space: Thinking about space is crucial. This large dog requires plenty of room. If your yard or residence is large enough, go for it. However, apartment dwellers should refrain from acquiring this breed. Instead, consider other tiny dogs.
- Children: This dog is not recommended for families with little children. Because of their size, these dogs may damage tiny children when playing; therefore, constantly watch them. They are terrific pets for older kids.
- Busy lifestyle: Like any other dog breed, Alaskan Malamute can also suffer from separation anxiety when you leave them for an extended time. So, it is vital to spend time with them. Suppose you have a busy life and can not give time to your pet. Simply don’t buy this dog.
- First-time pet owner: Having never owned a dog makes training this one difficult. This dog breed is not for first-time dog owners.
Maintenance Alaskan Malamute price in India
These pets cost the following to maintain.
- Food: Alaskan Malamute dogs cost 500–5000 rupees a month to feed. Giant breeds require plenty of food.
- Grooming: Cleaning your pet requires 200–5000 rupees in equipment.
- Health checkup: Even though they seldom have health issues, they require vet visits every three to four months. The cost depends on vet fame. High-end vets may charge more than neighborhood or private vets.
- Training: Big dogs are territorial and unfriendly to humans and dogs. Because of this, proper training and education are crucial. Train your dog for 2000–20,000rs.
Alaskan Malamute Dog Health Issues
- Hip Dysplasia: Genes may cause hip dysplasia in large breed dogs like the Alaskan Malamute. Failure to develop the hip joint may cause this condition. This may cause arthritis and other issues.
- Allergies: Alaskan Malamutes dogs may develop skin allergies and other health difficulties. Fleas, food, and outside pollutants are typical allergies.
- Heart Disease: Alaskan Malamute dogs with cardiac issues may develop heart failure and other catastrophic problems. Regular veterinarian visits may detect and prevent cardiac issues in Alaskan Malamute dogs.
- Eye Problems: This dog breed is more prone to cataracts and PMA. Regular vet visits may detect and prevent illnesses.
Alaskan Malamute Dog Care Tips
This breed of dog gets cataracts and PMA. Regular vet visits may detect and prevent illnesses:
- Exercise: Alaskan Malamute dogs need plenty of training due to their energy. Fun activities like walks or runs may help your Alaskan Malamute dog stay fit.
- Diet: Feed your Alaskan Malamute dog a varied diet. Please feed and hydrate your dog. Never give your dog leftovers. It may cause abdominal bloating and pain.
- Grooming: Alaskan Malamute dogs require frequent brushing to maintain their coats clean and knot-free. Bathing and brushing your dog regularly is crucial. Trimming his nails and washing his ears prevents infections.
- Regular Check-Ups: The health of your Alaskan Malamute dog depends on routine vet visits. Checkups, vaccines, and dental cleanings must be done regularly.
Consider your price, room, and lifestyle before getting an Alaskan Malamute price in India. Excellent dogs require space, competent owners, and continual training. Even though they are good guardians, prospective owners should consider the expenditures of feeding, grooming, health tests, and training. Due to allergies and hip deformity, they need regular veterinarian treatment.
Are Alaskan Malamutes suitable for families?
With proper training and socialization, malamutes can make wonderful family dogs. They’re gentle giants. They love kids– but because of their size and independence, they must be closely supervised. So early socialization with other pets and children is very important.
How much exercise do Alaskan Malamutes need?
Energetic dogs require a lot of exercise: long walks, hikes and running opportunities. Dogs have working instincts, consider dog sledding or weight pulling activities. Boredom breeds destructive activities.
Can Alaskan Malamutes survive in warm climates?
Although their thick coat is perfect for cold weather, Malamutes can thrive in warmer climes with proper attention to grooming and the use of air conditioning. During hot weather, be mindful of overheating risks.
Is Alaskan Malamutes the right dog for first-time owners?
These are big, territorial canines which first-time dog owners will need help teaching.
What are health problems in Alaskan Malamute dogs?
These animals may suffer from hip dysplasia, allergies, heart disease and eye problems. Thus annual checks are essential.