Want to buy a pomeranian dog but worry about Pomeranian price in India? If you are, then continue to read the post to know about Pomeranian prices in India and also to know other factors which can affect Pomeranian price in India.
Ever longed for companionship? A loving friend and comfortable partner in crime? Here’s our best suggestion: Pomeranian puppies. Pomeranian puppies are generally named Pom dogs. Pomeranian dogs are members of the spitz group and are often mistaken for spitz dogs.
Pomeranian is a friendly, loving, smiling toy dog. It has a glorious and dense double coat. They have a foxy faces, vivacious personalities, small eyes, and a friendly demeanor which makes them resemble humans and makes them more connected to humans.
In spite of their tiny bodies, Pomeranians have a commanding demeanor. They have a double coat, generally known as frills. As said earlier, Pomeranians have dense coats, they have chests and shoulders covered in frills.
You can find pomeranian dogs in a variety of colors. Orange, red, and a tricolor of red-orange and white are the most common in India.
These breed dogs are smart, intelligent, and very alert thus these dogs make their place in watchdog categories. These pomeranian dogs are not specifically non-vegetarians. Even though they hunt small animals like squirrels, rats, etc., they relish homemade food.
They are quirky, perky, and fun to have in families. They are very active. Though being active, they can stay fit with indoor exercises and a small outdoor walk. This makes them well-suited for cities as well as suburbs.
They can be trained with great ease and they enjoy filling up lives with laughs and smiles thus making them a perfect companion, especially when living alone away from family.
Pomeranian Dog Price in India & Facts
|Origin||Northern Poland and Germany|
|Breed Type||Toy Type, Spitz|
|Nature||Outgoing, Playful and Friendly|
|Average Pomeranian Dog Price in India||Rs 5,000 to Rs 20,000|
|Colours||Black, Red, Blue Cream gold, Yellow fawn, White|
|AKC Ranking (Popularity)||23|
|Space Requirement||Apartment Friendly|
|Guard/Watch Type||Watch Dog|
|Alternative Breeds||Japanese Spitz|
Pomeranian dog price in India
The Pomeranian dog price in India starts from Rs 5,000/- to Rs 20,000. The prices also depend on the breeder and the health of the dog.
|States Name||Capital||Pomeranian price|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Assam||Dispur||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Bihar||Patna||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Goa||Panaji||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Haryana||Chandigarh||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore)||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Manipur||Imphal||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Meghalaya||Shillong||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Mizoram||Aizawl||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Nagaland||Kohima||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Punjab||Chandigarh||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Sikkim||Gangtok||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Telangana||Hyderabad||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Tripura||Agartala||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun (Winter)||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||Rs 5000 to Rs 70,000|
Traits of Pomeranian Dog
- The height of a pomeranian dog is usually between 12 inches to 22 inches.
- The weight of these dogs is almost around 7 pounds maximum.
- The average lifespan of a Pomeranian is between 11 years to 16 years.
- A healthy Pomeranian can give birth to a litter size of 4 puppies to 6 puppies.
- The most common colors of Pomeranian in India are white black and a tricolor of white crème and tan or otherwise.
- They are not at all hypoallergenic.
Want to own this friendly and lovely companionship? A Pomeranian dog is definitely a catch. But worried about how much the Pomeranian price is in India? We are here to give you a detailed breakdown of the Pomeranian price in India.
Points on Pomeranian price in India depends
Pomeranian Prices in India specifically differ from one place to another depending upon so many factors like
- The reputation of the breeder– The reputation of the breeder also affects Pomeranian prices in India. Reputed breeders take excellent care of the dog and its litter. So This takes away the worry a bit if the breeder from whom you’re buying the dog is reputed. Make sure the breed is healthy. Making profits is the sole purpose of pet shops and pet mills. Here, the suggestion for the readers is that they shall avoid buying pets from pet mills and pet shops.
- The location where it will be bought up Dogs is expensive in cities where the cost of living is more and in less price in suburbs. That’s why the Pomeranian price in India varies with the location where you are buying it.
- Type of training required.
- Quality of breed also influences the Pomeranian price in India. This is to confirm how well the dog confirms certain standards set out by the confirming committee and also the genes of the dog you’re buying.
- Gender: There is a huge demand for male Pomeranians as compared to female Pomeranians. As market demand for male Pomeranians is more than for female Pomeranians, they are expensive Pomeranians.
Factors affecting prices do not stop here. Other factors that influence the Pomeranian price in India are.
Other factors that influence the Pomeranian price in India
- Demand and supply: Yes you heard right Demand and supply also influence the Pomeranian price in India. Applying basic market rules, if the demand for a Pomeranian puppy or dog is high in the market and supply for the same is insufficient, the Pomeranian price in India is high in the market.
- Pomeranians being the best choice for first-time pet parents, the demand is usually high in the market, thus the demand cost makes it expensive at times.
- Coat: The presence of a generous coat makes the pomeranian a warm and friendly pet thus the breeder takes this to advantage to increase the Pomeranian price in India. The color of its coat also affects the Pomeranian price in India.
There are so many factors to the varying Pomeranian price in India. We shall put light upon all those factors one by one below.
The Pomeranian price in India is between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20000 depending upon geography, quality of breed, the health of the breed, coat density, etc. Pomeranian price in India will be high if the quality of the breed and reputation of the breeder is good as also the city in which it is being bought.
Similarly, if the quality of the breed and health of dogs is compromised, the prices of these dogs fall. Hence, a suggestion to our readers, make sure you buy your Pomeranian from a reputable breeder and conform to all the relevant standards at the time of purchase and also at the time of resale.
India sees the largest number of first-time pet parents. So, we suggest that Pomeranians are the best choice for such first-time pet parents. These dogs, unlike German shepherds or Golden Retrievers, do not require excessive training and a huge calorie intake.
Pomeranians can be fed nutritious healthy homemade food and little indoor exercise. They are loyal, alert, smart, active, and perfect for guarding houses. This makes Pomeranians perfect for an apartment as they do not need huge space and heavy maintenance.
The general Indian tendency is that buying a puppy is expensive but the fact is maintaining a dog for an average life span of 11-16 years is expensive. Thus, we advise our readers to take the maintenance cost over the lifespan into consideration while planning on being a pet parent.
Before you know the Pomeranian price in India, you need to know about other costs that you have to spend on a Pomeranian dog. Other costs in bringing a pet home are discussed below.
Feeding cost of Pomeranian in India
It becomes necessary to understand the food requirement of pomeranian dogs and pomeranian puppies. These dogs shall be fed according to their age thus pomeranian puppies need little food as compared to pomeranian dogs. They are not heavy in the water and they burn calories very fast and easily.
So, feed your pomeranian a very small portion of food at regular intervals. Here we understand that the feeding cost of a Pomeranian is not as much as that of other breeds. The average food cost is Rs. 2000 to Rs. 3000 per year.
Pomeranians love home-cooked food like rice, chapatis, and vegetables and do not have a high calorie and protein requirement. Thus, the monthly cost of feeding your pomeranian would not be more than Rs. 200 to Rs. 300.
Vaccination cost of a pomeranian dog in India
Like every dog, Pomeranians need timely vaccination to ensure being safe from disease germ attacks and to maintain their health to perfection. Vaccination shall start once they are 4 weeks to 6 weeks old and thereafter shall be given regularly every third week till they are 4 months of age.
If vaccines are not given on time, the risk of contracting rabies which is highly transmitted is seen in the owner. The cost of vaccination is Rs. 3200 – Rs. 4000. Whether or not your dog needs vaccination beyond 4 months, shall be consulted by a veterinarian.
Veterinary cost of Pomeranian in India
Pomeranian is a healthy breed but is susceptible to some illnesses and diseases. The most common is the windpipe. Thus, making it vulnerable to lung disease. As they have very small mouths, they face major issues it. Collapsing of internal organs is the other most common health issue found among these dogs
The veterinary cost of a pomeranian is Rs. 6000 to Rs. 1200.
Other problems that they can face are Patellar Luxation, Patent Ductus, Cryptorchidism, Lymphosarcoma, Osteosarcoma, Hip Dysplasia, Conditions, Von Willebrand Disease, and Chest pain. If the disease is serious the veterinary cost can be around Rs. 60000 to Rs. 100000.
Here is advice for our readers: in order to avoid heavy veterinary, take good care of your pomeranian and take it to a veterinarian every month for regular checkups. This will help in monitoring the health of your dog and keep you away from unknown foreseen expenses.
Grooming cost of Pomeranian in India
Be it humans be it pets, grooming is an inevitable part of living bodies. A well-groomed pet is way more active and healthy. Grooming your pet regularly keeps it away from all sorts of infections, germs, and diseases. As we know Pomeranians have a double coat and generous fur and thus shed profusely. And they shed the most during summertime.
An unhealthy Shabby pomeranian is attracted to many diseases and hence costs its owner a hefty cheque for veterinary expenses. To keep your pet healthy and away from all diseases, it is better to groom your pet regularly and follow a schedule. Feed your dog healthy and nutritious food.
Also, make sure that your pomeranian is kept and brought up in a healthy and clean environment. The cost of grooming your pomeranian is Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 per month. This cost does not include the cost of Equipment required to groom your Pomeranian.
Tips on grooming your Pomeranian regularly
- Make sure you brush your dog regularly. Once or twice a week. This prevents mating of its coat.
- Pomeranians have a double coat as it is clear till now and they shed profoundly but never cut its coat.
- Make sure your pomeranian baths are within 6 to 10 weeks.
- As mentioned earlier, your pomeranian should be kept in a healthy and clean environment.
- Make sure your dog is not eating too much and eats healthy and nutritious food.
- Try to follow a grooming chart.
- Activities like keeping nails trimmed and ears clean are very important for Pomeranians because as they are active, they are susceptible to infections.
Registration cost of Pomeranians in India
Indian norms have made it mandatory for every pet owner to register their pets. The advantages of registering your pomeranian are that you get a legal document for your dog, and you can also claim your ownership in case of theft, It also helps to identify your pet’s case of theft. The registration cost of a Pomeranian is around Rs. 2000 to Rs. 2500
Training cost of Pomeranian in India
We have already discussed that pomeranian dogs are intelligent, smart, and active. Training them is not a tough job after all. They have a foxy face and a foxy mind. Barking is a negative trait of Pomeranians as they are guarding dogs, they don’t learn ways by themselves.
Basic training like where to pee, to fetch things, to throw things, eating habits and also train them for food timings, you can train them on how to play, and how to guard your house can be given to the dog by the owner or a professional trainer.
Hiring a trainer can cost you approximately Rs. 5000 to Rs. 6000. But if you want advanced training for your dog regarding behavioural issues, the trainer may charge you per course around Rs. 7000 to Rs. 10000.
Looking to buy a pomeranian dog for the family, we suggest going for it. They are best suitable for Indian families. They are appropriate for an apartment or a bungalow, a house in the city, or a house in the suburbs.
Pomeranian Puppy Price List In India 2022
|City||Base Price (₹)||Show Quality (₹)|
Want to know about treatment for a dog bite? Click here