Tibetan mastiff dog breed in India: Tibetan Mastiff is an ancient breed origin of this breed is
Tibet. This is one of the muscular and big in size dog. That attracts the dog lover to go for a Tibetan Mastiff.
If you train them nicely they can be your great companion and stress buster.
Are you planning to buy a Tibetan Mastiff? If Yes, Then you should go through the article to know the drawback and
advantage of having a Tibetan Mastiff in your home. Below we have discussed the characteristics, history, price,
and behavior of this dog.
Characteristics Tibetan mastiff dog breed in India:
- Tibetan Mastiffs mostly they stay active in the beginning and end of the day.
- They usually stay calm while staying indoor but sometimes get wild outdoor.
- Tibetan Mastiff should not be kept outside for long they usually don’t like that.
- They sometimes do things in their own way and don’t listen to the master. That makes them little dangerous for other people.
- Their nature is to be independent. They don’t like any interference kind of thing from the outer world.
- Tibetan Mastiff is smart and sensitive. They can understand human feelings. If you yell at your kid’s, spouse or any person who stays at the same home. They will show sad feelings or will try to stop you.
- If you think you will participate in any competition with this dog. Then I think you should not buy this because this one is not for you.
- Tibetan Mastiff is good at playing with children but sometimes they take the wrong steps and may be harmful to the kids.
- If you are a new dog buyer then Tibetan Mastiff is not a good choice. You can always go for other options.
- Maintainance cost is very less and needs brushing every week.
Read about: Rajapalayam Dog: Things You must Know About it
Tibetan Mastiff is very strong, energetic, and powerful. The body height is short but long and when it walks it used to walk slowly. It has a double coat hairy structure which sometimes makes them look like wolfs. Normally Male dog has more hair than the female dog. This Dog breed will give you a royal look if you take out for walking as the appearance is highly attractive.
It’s available in almost every pet shop in India. If you are interested to buy this breed you can always reach any nearby shop.
Personality and Temperament
Tibetan Mastiff can be bored if you don’t provide physical and mental training every day. If you don’t provide regular exercise they might feel bad and go on attacking mode. It behaves gently with the known people but suddenly can become aggressive with strangers. The best way to make it behave like other dogs make them socialize at an early age.
Some Important things to know:
Breed Group: Working Group
Weight: Male: 40-75kg / Female: 35-55Kg
Height: Male: 66 to 75 cm/Female: 60 to 70cm.
Life span: 12 to 15 years.
Litter size: 5-12
Other names: Dok-Khyi, Tsang-khyi
The price of Tibetan mastiff in India is very high because it is one of the most demanding dog breeds that everyone wants to have. As the demand is more so the price for these breeds. A healthy Tibetan Mastiff will cost you around Rs 50,000 to 1 lakhs.